Position - Technical Director (Pipeline/Effects)
Contract - Full time
Location - Manchester, UK
Salary - Dependant on experience
Date - Now
Contact - email@example.com
- Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends.
- Working knowledge of Python (C++ a bonus).
- Ability to write your own pipeline tools and scripts.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) Maya, Houdini, C4D, After Effects, Nuke, V-Ray, Mantra, and Redshift.
- macOS/ Windows literate.
- Previous experience as a Pipeline and/ or Effects TD preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem solving skills.
- Ensuring both studios (London and Manchester) are up to date in terms of software and plug-ins.
- Render wrangling (Deadline, Zync)
- Management and development of pipeline tools (Mainframe have some existing in-house tools)
- Supporting the team on technical requirements on a project by project basis ideally including fluid and particle simulations.
- Troubleshoot to implement olutions.
- Provides leadership and offers effective methods for pipeline development
- Development and maintenance of applications, creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity.
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools in both hardware and software.
This role also represents an amazing opportunity to contribute to the Software Development work Mainframe are also involved with. Mainframe North work closely with the team at Autodesk developing various tools for Maya. We also have several in-house projects on the go. If you’re a TD looking to broaden your skillset we’d love to have you on board with us.
In short, we’re looking for a human who enjoys the company of animators and computers!